- About Us
- Results Released
- Application Scenarios
- Resource Center
Smart building test bed
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Shenzhen Ginlink Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd.
Smart building is an important component of informatization. It uses information technologies in buildings, and integrates technologies in old buildings with modern, high-tech technologies. It uses computer technologies to automatically control devices in buildings, manage information resources, and provide information services for users. It allows building technologies to meet the ICT requirements of modern society.
With the rapid development of IoT communication technologies, people have increasingly strong demands for smart, eco-friendly, and efficient work and living environments. Various devices in buildings vastly improve people's production and lifestyle.
Riding the digital wave of the real economy, the traditional building platform is evolving to be open and intelligent. Huawei joins hands with Honeywell to develop the smart building solution that integrates openness, routing, switching, and security to solve the problem of the closed platform and single gateway functions of traditional building solutions. Huawei's edge computing gateway provides a real-time and fast response, improving system stability and reliability. Honeywell's open and converged Niagara Framework makes it easy and efficient to establish device connections and develop applications. In addition, the multi-level security mechanisms of hardware and software guarantee end-to-end services for smart buildings. The solution jointly provided by Huawei and Honeywell can protect customer investments in various self-control devices and systems, reduce costs of labor as well as installation and maintenance of building control systems, improve the association capability, help make decisions fast, and improve business results.
The test bed aims to build a showcase of lighting IoT predictive maintenance for the industry, obtain industry recognition, and implement incubation of this solution to lay a foundation for subsequent large-scale replications. In addition, smart building can extend to new scenarios such as the campus, urban complex, city IoT, and factory equipment facility management.
Based on Huawei AR502E IoT gateway's edge computing capability and Honeywell's open Niagara Framework, the solution uses advanced sensing, network, computing, control, intelligence, and security technologies to fully detect old and new building control devices. It allows a large amount of data from multiple systems to be exchanged across a large area, achieves visualized operation of Big Data in smart buildings, and builds smart, eco-friendly, and efficient living environments.
Huawei provides AR502E IoT gateways, LAN switches, and WLAN products to connect pipe and security products.
Honeywell provides the Niagara Framework to manage buildings, sharing the Niagara ecosystem.
Huawei and Honeywell provide products, and a third-party system integrator (SI) implements solution design, application development, and integration delivery.
The test bed integrates the application workstation and Huawei's gateway that has Honeywell's Niagara Framework built in. By collecting, monitoring, and analyzing data of sensor devices in buildings, the test bed provides system status detection, real-time analysis, automatic control, fault alarm, and predictive maintenance.
What benefits does it bring to customers?
1. The test bed protects the investment of existing self-control devices and systems, standardizes interoperability between systems and products from different suppliers, reduces the dependency on suppliers, and facilitates integration with new technological standards.
2. Intelligent building design and construction will reduce costs by up to 9% throughout the entire lifecycle of a building. In addition, the value of building assets will increase by 7.5%.
3. Shared network hardware facilities reduce installation costs by 8% to 12%.
4. Upgrading the energy system will result in a 20% to 30% return on investment (ROI) and make building assets worth three times as much as the investment.
5. Association of building systems can realize visualization of Big Data, help make decisions fast, and improve business results.
What benefits does it bring to SIs?
1. The open and converged platform makes it easy and efficient to establish device connections and implement application development.
2. The open platform and distributed architecture allow information sharing and association between systems and buildings to support more intelligent decision-making.
3. The solution adapts to over 1000 industry protocols and seamlessly connects to different types of devices.
4. The solution allows flexible on-demand expansion, reducing capacity expansion costs and repeated investment.
5. The solution provides powerful modeling tools to quickly build highly customized application systems.
6. The edge computing gateway provides a real-time and fast response, improving system stability and reliability.
7. The gateway supports the container technology and distributed deployment of the Niagara Framework, implements local data processing and association, and reduces the dependency of system reliability on the communication network.
8. The distributed architecture and multi-node collaboration ensure data integrity and real-time performance.
9. The solution provides the local response within milliseconds, and responds to data processing requirements accurately and rapidly.
10. The multi-level security mechanism creates end-to-end service guarantees for smart buildings.
OS level: The edge computing gateway includes security components to ensure container security.
Pipe level: The edge computing gateway establishes secure VPN tunnels to ensure secure data transmission.
Platform level: The solution provides a strict authorization system, data transmission encryption, and code signature.
According to the report of MarketsandMarkets in 2015, the self-control fee of buildings in 2017 would be US$116 billion and the ICT fee US$3.2 billion.
Honeywell's Niagara Framework has been widely deployed in different facility management fields. In particular, for facility management of international businesses, including factories, department stores, banks, retail stores, hotels, gas stations, and large supermarkets, 750,000 gateways with the integrated Niagara Framework are deployed, and 100,000 gateways will be sold each year with the Niagara software.
The smart building solution provided by Huawei and Honeywell makes full use of abundant interfaces and functions of Huawei's gateways and Honeywell's open Niagara Framework. The solution assists in developing the Niagara SI ecosystem and provides customers with an eco-friendly, energy-saving, efficient, convenient, open, and secure intelligent system.
The smart building solution associates subsystems of buildings, easily reduces carbon emission and energy consumption, and makes people's lives more comfortable. In addition, the smart building solution can improve intelligent construction and management of residential buildings.