- About Us
- Results Released
- Application Scenarios
- Resource Center
Lighting IoT test bed
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
iSoftStone Information Technology (Group) Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Sansi Technology Co., Ltd.
Wuhan Fenjin Intelligent Machine Co., Ltd.
Energy constraints are making it more difficult to meet development requirements of the global economy. City lighting is a part of city infrastructure construction that directly affects people's lives. Traditional lamps with high power consumption (such as high-voltage sodium lamps) are widely used, and energy is wasted due to improper management. Huawei Connected City Lighting Solution provides unified management of street lamps in different areas and implements real-time, refined switch-on and switch-off control, and brightness adjustment, implementing on-demand lighting. This solution minimizes the power consumption of street lamps while ensuring lighting quality. Additionally, this solution allows customers to obtain the running status of street lamps, measure power consumption of street lamps, and promptly detect device faults, reducing maintenance costs.
The test bed aims to build a showcase of lighting IoT predictive maintenance for the industry, obtain industry recognition, and implement incubation of this solution to lay a foundation for subsequent large-scale replications. In addition, street lamps are important elements in urban IoT. Lamp posts act as access nodes for the wireless network and connect to neighboring devices such as trash can detectors and parking sensors, building the scalable city IoT framework and facilitating the evolution of lighting IoT to city IoT.
The test bed uses advanced sensing, network, computing, control, and intelligence technologies to fully detect lighting devices, remotely implement real-time and periodic control of street lamps, and achieve self-diagnosis and predictive maintenance.
The test bed remotely and intelligently controls and maintains street lamps, detects the final status of the system, measures and analyzes the power consumption of street lamps in real time, and diagnoses faults of street lamps or the lighting system to realize predictive maintenance. It has the following effects:
What benefits does it bring to customers?
1. The system can ensure normal operation of street lamps in adverse weather conditions.
2. The system can calculate the sunrise and sunset times based on the longitude and latitude of each street lamp. This ensures that street lamps are powered on immediately after sunset and then powered off immediately after sunrise.
What benefits does it bring to municipal governments?
1. Street lamp controllers comply with industry standards. They can be used remotely, are compatible with a wide range of street lamps, and have zero installation costs.
2. Upper-layer applications can detect the real-time status and data of lower-layer devices, report device faults, collect statistics on and analyze the service life of street lamps, and implement visualized management based on the GIS, reducing maintenance and management costs for street lamps.
3. The test bed collects information on exceptions and faults to provide self-diagnosis and analysis